Howdy everyone, well it has been another speedy week here in the blowing dust and sand. We started the week in Praia, finishing up our visit with the Youth Institute Conference. Sister Waller was able to get a little shopping done and be fore we knew it, it was time to head to the airport. There we met Elder Dance who was being transferred to Mindelo. He is from Redmond, Washington. He will be a great addition to the Elders and Sisters in Mindelo. Our plane was very late, which not usually with TACV airline. They sure need some competition as their customer service is very, very poor. Anyway we arrived around 11:30 PM in Mindelo, when we should have been home around 6PM. Oh well we arrived safe and sound to find everything in order.
We spent most of the week just catching up on things like; laundry, grocery shopping etc. I did get to do some discussions with the Elders though. Wednesday night we were sitting down for dinner and Sharon said, “Oh my ankle hurts”. She had no history of twisting or spraining it, it just started hurting. There was no sign of bite or anything. Later that evening it started swelling. So I put her on ‘RICE’ treatment. I headed down town to get some ibuprofen and Tylenol. On the way I saw this little vacuum cleaner, and decided to get me a belated birthday present. It was such a nice surprise. It should help with keeping the floor cleaner. Sharon’s ankle has continued to swell, but her pain is less. We are just watching it at the present time, and treating with meds. Strangest thing though!!
Friday night the President called and said he was flying in on Saturday morning to do some interviewing about problems with one Elder. It was good he called, so we made sure we were up and ready to take him around. We even got to visit some of the Elder’s apartments. They were really surprised to see President Tolman at their door step. The apartments needed a little work. By the time we got back to the apartment Sister Waller had a nice lunch ready for us; Soft burritos with all the fixings, great.
We then spent some time discussing the mission and things that needed to be done. While I was talking, the President’s eyes kept drooping, he was worn out. So I suggested he take a little nap, he needed it. It only lasted about 40 minutes but I think he was refreshed. Soon he was off to the church for some additional interviews before heading to the airport. Nice short visit!
On Thursday, Sister Alencar, arrived to start her mission. She is from Brazil and will be trained by Sister Vaterlaus. We have hardly seen her as they have kept busy in their training. I am sure we will get to see and know her well though. Sister Bikhazi was transferred over to another District here in Mindelo, to be sister Souza’s companion. Elder Ellis arrived and will be serving with Elder Burgess in Ramo 1, and Elder Dance will serve with Elder Swapp. This week I did get to play Doctor a couple of times; Sister Bikhazi needed some toe work as well as Elder Ellis. I rather enjoyed breaking out the ‘olde’ tools again. Even the injections were fun, for me at least.
Well that is about it for this week. Keep safe and know we are thinking, praying for you all. Love to everyone.
E/S Waller, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa
Sister Bikhazi needed a toe job, and hit a very high 'C' during the injection, but she survived the whole procedure with sort of a smile. See how concerned her new companion is?
The tallest companionship as well as best looking according to two sources; Elder Ray & Ence.
No comments:
Post a Comment