Idaho Nampa Mission
It is amazing ow fast the weeks are flying by in the mission. It seems we wake up and go to the office and the next thing I know it's time to write about the week. We had a World Wide broadcast this week to all missionaries. Elder Oakes, Bednar, Andersen spoke from the missionary coordinating council, they spoke a lot on the missionary purpose ( to bring others unto Christ), and how to accomplish that goal. They then went over some new policy change with regards to missionary hours. Finally they talked about the key indicators and changes in the reporting of key indicators. For those not familiar with the key indicators; there were 9 indicators that missionaries report back to SLC every week. These have now refined down to 4; Baptism and confirmation, new investigators, number investigators attending sacrament meeting and investigators with baptismal date. Since I am the one that has to make sure all the key indicators are reported each week, this will make my job easier.
We were to attend the Temple on Thursday with the Mid group of missionaries. those that were half way through their mission, but Sharon came down sick and we had to miss. On Wednesday I had to give a presentation to the Mia Maids in the Ward on scriptures and how we can find answers to our everyday problems by continually reading. I was able to give a few examples of how the scriptures can be related to our every day problems, when we are taught by the spirit. In preparing, I was reminded of how I need to continue to memorize scriptures. It has always been helpful to have scriptures in the back of my mind
One of my favorite scriptures is in D&C 50:24;
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light and continueth in God; receiveth more light, and that light grows brighter and brighter until the perfect day."
May you all have a wonderful happy week.
E/S Waller, Bama and Bampa, Mom and Dad, Chuck and Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment