Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 6


Idaho Nampa Mission

Like all weeks in the mission, this one has flown by with constant changes in all departments. We again are fighting the weather as more snow and ice   continues to invade the area.  Traffic has been extremely hazardous and we have encouraged the missionaries to keep a low profile, not venturing out.  They are getting bored though with all the closures and limited driving.
I helped in emptying an apartment, it was a poor place to have Elders living, so I was not disappointed that they closed the area.  Th elders sure can accumulate stuff.  They had a treadmill, stationary bicycle and lots of weights.  Sure makes it hard when you have to move all that stuff.  But we made it just before the storm hit with the help of some Elders.  I drove the office truck and enclosed trailer, sure was hard to back up on icy slick roads though and our storage shed is getting full.
This next week we will start having our 6 week Zone Conferences, so we will probably have lots of missionaries coming into the office.
I was able over the week end to fly to Seattle and attend Bud’s funeral (my half-brother). My brother Pat met me at the airport, as he flew up from Phoenix and we enjoyed the time together. The funeral was long but the memories shared were worth the time. Bud’s wife Jackie sure is a trooper and is already serving a CSM in her stake with the military.
I was unable to attend Lora Bailey’s funeral in Moses Lake.  It would have been difficult getting over the pass in Washington as the weather was bad all over. I want to send my deepest condolences to Brent and his family.
While sitting in the terminal waiting for my delayed flight to Seattle.  I was able to watch some of the inauguration and saw our good friend Lori Bikhazi Meldrum in the choir. They did a wonderful job and the music was uplifting.
Well hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.
Love to all
Lori Bikhazi Meldrum
Buddy Leroy Watson
E/S Waller, Chuck & Sharon, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa

No comments: