Hi Everyone;
Well I seem to be getting later and later on my blog posting. Sometimes it is difficult to think of things to say and news to report. This past week was no exception; it was just a busy week. The Library is a major draw for the tourist coming to Salt Lake City. Each day the tour buses line up for visits to Temple Square and the Library. We have been especially busy getting people personal accounts on Family Search.
I had the opportunity of working with Elder James Martino of the Seventy for a few hours; we were trying to find family names, so his granddaughter could do some baptisms in the Nauvoo Temple. We found one on his side and his wife found 6; so she will have enough to do. Elder Martino was pleasant and I showed him some new tools on Family Search.
I was helping this couple from Michigan the other day, and they got so excited on finding grandparents and other relatives. They left the library extremely happy with lots of praise for all the workers; that is what makes it fun each day!
Of course as with everyone, we were saddened with the loss of Elder Perry. He was indeed a great example of a true disciple of Christ. His last conference address on the family was terrific. He will truly be missed.
The other evening I started to get a head ache and had a difficult time sleeping, actually I didn’t sleep; as my jaw began to hurt. So yesterday it was off to the dentist. I called Jerry Black (our old friends here in SLC) and he referred me to his son Brian. Jerry told me of his and Debbie's recent accident. They were down in San Diego and were involved in a 5 car freeway accident. Our prayers go out to them for a speedy recovery, I wonder if chocolate would help. We might have to pay them a visit to help in the recovery. As we get older it seems we just don’t mend as quickly; Sharon is still having problems from her fall.
We have received a number of new couples to our zone; Elder and Sister Price, and Elder and Sister Sorensen. They will be fun to work with and get to know. Well that is about all the news for this week. Oh yeah, we did go to Rich Farnsworth’s ward on Sunday. Rich is the Bishop and asked if we would take the 3rd hour combined meeting. He wanted us to talk about our mission and Family Search. It went well and Sharon did a great job recalling Elijah moments here in the Library. She went around collecting stories of special moments others have had, as they work with guest and do their own research. As she writes some of them down I will share them.
We also had at the Library the Global Family Reunion, it was well attended and the rain stayed away till after the party. They had bounce house and rock climbing walls, dancers and speakers. They had closed off West Temple in front of the Library for the festivities.
Tchau!
1 comment:
I am just getting caught up on my reading. I think it would really help with our recovery if you did make a personal visit! We would love to have you come out to dinner. Give us a call and let us know your schedule. How is your mouth?
Post a Comment