Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cape Verde Week 74

Bom Dia,

I am writing from the Mission Home, yes we made it safe off the island of Fogo. Although it did cost me $120 extra dollars as the inter island airplane charges for extra luggage and weight. We were over just a bit, but I was not about saying anything to Sister Waller!!

Even though I paid extra one of our bags didn’t arrive with us ( it is only a 20 minute flight and there were only 16 people) we had to wait till the next flight to get the final bag! It really is a joke sometimes how they work things around here. We had plenty of room on the plane as there was one seat empty.

When we arrived we had to stay on the plane a few extra minutes as they took off a sick passenger. An ambulance was waiting for a patient, I think he was being transferred to the local hospital. Dani and Neia were waiting in the airport for the young man, so we were able to say hi to them.

Elder’s Thurgood and Erickson met us and helped us get around and settled in at the mission home. President and Sister Neves are off to Germany for a Conference and will not be back till sometime today.

We had a tearful good bye in Sao Filipe with the Sister’s. Sharon always grows close to the missionaries (I do too, but not quite like Missionary Mom). We had lunch on Friday with the Sisters and enjoyed a few hours with them. They, both, are sick or coming down with illness so that made it doubly hard. We had some teary eyed moments with the members, especially Alberto & Zita. They are good people and we love Cabo Verde.

We had a very successful party (fiesta) on Thursday evening. I think we had well over a 100 in attendance and we danced. I danced for 2 hrs and was worn out at the end of the evening. I think they really like the Macarena and limbo!!! Everyone had a good time and I have encouraged the youth to continue with their dance activities.

Well we will spend a week here in Praia before heading home. I hope to be able to get Sister Neves up to speed on the medical end of things. Other than that it might be slightly boring, maybe I can teach Danielli how to do the Macarena. Danielli is the President’s 12 year old daughter.

We send our love to everyone and will be seeing many of you soon.

Love

E/S Waller, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa

No comments: