This has been an extremely busy week; mainly with sick Elders and Sisters. I think we have a viral stomach bug going around, as we have lots of sick missionaries. Also we have a serious medical problem with one Elder, who will be returning home after just 3 weeks in the mission field. He will be leaving this Sunday night and we hope he does well. We have him on antibiotics but are concerned over spreading infection to a recent knee surgery. I don’t think he will be back even if the problem resolves easily.
On Monday we rode with the Zone up to the volcano. There were quite a few who wanted to climb, but there were also those who had already been on top and just wanted to hang out. So we wandered the small village, ate some of the fruit off the vine and trees like; grapes, apples, pomegranate. We then headed up to the hotel to order lunch and play “Uno”. They had fun but it was a long day. We did get back to Sao Filipe till 8:30pm.
It has been raining and so the mountains are now green and starting to produce fruit. Zenita, Sister Skinn and Waller are picking promagranates, not bad. HMMM I wonder if someone knows how to make promagranate jam?
The next day I wasn’t feeling really very well so I let Sharon handle the dance activity and music practice. Then the rest of the week Sharon was under the weather with the flu bug. I stayed busy calling and helping the sick Elders and making arrangements with SLC for the return of our Elder.
We continue to visit with members and share the gospel message. They all love for you to come but are slow to make changes in their lives. I suppose that isn’t any different than other parts of the world. At least here they really do enjoy the visit.
The next day I wasn’t feeling really very well so I let Sharon handle the dance activity and music practice. Then the rest of the week Sharon was under the weather with the flu bug. I stayed busy calling and helping the sick Elders and making arrangements with SLC for the return of our Elder.
We continue to visit with members and share the gospel message. They all love for you to come but are slow to make changes in their lives. I suppose that isn’t any different than other parts of the world. At least here they really do enjoy the visit.
Here is our Zone Activity photo, minus Sister Waller & I , we were loaded down with cameras. Fromleft to right: Elders Reynolds, Da Cruz, De Cruz, Sigeuira, Ray, Gunn, Tuttle, Fernadez, Wyson, and Luthi with 2 local members. Sisters Skinn, Samira, and Sister Silveira
We received word that we are flying out next Saturday for Praia. I am to spend the week helping Sister Neves get ready to do the medical stuff in the mission. She is really nervous as I mentioned before, but I hope to give her some confidence in the job. I believe they have a single Sister (nurse) who is coming but they need a Companion for her.
Well that is about the news for this week. Till next week from Praia, tchau.
E/S Waller
No comments:
Post a Comment