Time marches on and we draw another week closer to our release date. This has been a busy week in just doing little things. We were busy getting pictures of the RS activity to put up on the bulletin boards, I am sure they will disappear quickly, and I had a picture prepared for Alberto & Zita of the Recife Temple.
We held FHE with Lilina’s family again and had a good discussion about the plates of brass and faith in God. We plan on turning over the teaching of the lessons and activities to them this coming week. We will see how it goes. Pedro drew some pictures for a concentration game, he did really well, he also drew a picture of Sharon and I, hmmmmmmm; I have blond hair!
We started our 1st dance practice with the youth. After they had so much fun learning `Oh Johnny Oh’, I decided to teach them the “Virginia Reel”. So I go on line find the music and watch a few videos and I am ready to teach. Tuesday was the 1st practice and they were all late, but we ended up with about 16 youth. We had fun and they got the basic idea. We then set up time for Friday to continue with the ‘Virginia Reel and start learning the Cha Cha Cha”. So Sharon and I have been downloading music for that as well and watching videos, although we still can swing it, we can’t swing like the videos. Friday arrived and we had about 30 youth. Wow try keeping them all quiet was a trick, plus we had to re-teach the ‘Virginia Reel”, but they soon caught on and had some good fun. I had downloaded “Turkey in the Straw” to dance by, hand clapping and hoot and holler soon was added by all. We have a problem as some of the youth don’t know their lefts from their rights, but after numerous repeats they caught on. We gave a little demo of the Cha Cha to a very fast beat number, they were amazed I could swing my hips. We then started the process of step by step Cha Cha. Again some caught on and some look totally confused. Oh well they all enjoyed the hour, I think they would do it every day if I offered. Sharon and I have been practicing the ‘Waltz” and have a dance routine set up for them. I might have to make the class a little smaller. We plan on having a Big activity in August, where both Branches are invited to dance. We will demonstrate the Reel and teach the whole group. Should be fun, they need activities here and so this is a start. I was also thinking of teaching them the “Charleston, swing, and some simple square dances, we will see how they do. Yes this too is missionary work, at least for couples!
We are preparing for our 1st zone Conference with President Neves this weekend. We have a lot to discuss and share with him. At the present there is no couple in the pipe line to replace us, which is very sad. So we will have to either close the apartment or move the Elders in and close their apartment.
Last week I had to speak up at Fonte Alexio, spur of the moment type talk and come to find out they posted my name to speak in the other branch this week. They just started posting speakers on the bulletin board for Sacrament talks. I suppose that is okay but they should ask first. I will have to talk with the BP. I will be talking of reading the scriptures. One problem we have here is many non readers. So I will have to come up with ways for them to get into the scriptures. We want to start the literacy program 1st and also see if we can get the scriptures on CD’s so the non readers can at least listen daily. This is a big challenge here, as many don’t attend as they are afraid of being asked to read or participate; just another of the challenges of the mission field.
Well that is it for another week. May God bless you. Tchau
E/S Waller, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa
No comments:
Post a Comment