Bom Dia;
It has been a fairly busy week here in the land of no rain! We are in the middle of an ant war and at times I feel like we are losing. It started about 2 weeks ago and has continued, each day they seem to discover a new area. We spray , smash and try to make life miserable for them but they keep coming back for more. We had a soda the other day and there was some water on the coaster, about 2 hrs later the coaster was covered in ants. At least they aren’t the biting kind of ants. Sharon put out a small container of M&M’s on the kitchen table today and even with the lid on they were able to get in and have a feast.
We held our 1st Temple Preparation class this past weekend and had 3 in attendance. It went fairly well but I could see that in the future I needed help. So this week I have been preparing the lessons in a power point presentation. Using both the English and Portuguese lessons I am able to do the presentation with pictures, questions, quotes and simplified sentence structure that helps me to deliver the message. I hope it goes over well this week.
This week we also became grand parents once again. We have a new granddaughter, born on the 21st of March, to Scott and Becca. She arrived early and weights in at 2 lbs. 9 oz., which means a lengthy stay in the hospital till she is fully developed. Mother is fine and baby Waller is holding her own at the moment. We would appreciate your prayers in her behalf.
We were sorry to see Sister Marinho depart this week for Mindelo. She will be missed but will love her new area. Arriving yesterday is Sister Skinn from Montana. We have spoken briefly with her and she will do well here in Sao Filipe. We also welcomed Elder Day to the area. We served with him for a number of months in Mindelo and look forward to being together again.
We have received news about Peter, our friend in Mindelo. He is 91 and we visited with him a number of times while there in Mindelo. We asked the Brewers to look in on him and they have done a wonderful job in fellowshipping him. He is now attending church with them and reading and participating in class. He is a real joy and we are very happy that he is doing so well. Thanks to Elder & Sister Brewer, you two are awesome!!!
I have been assigned to speak this evening in our General Priesthood meeting, and I have been fretting this week on what to say. I believe I mentioned this last week, well tonight is the big night, hope all goes well.
Well continuing this newsletter; the talk went well and I was asked to speak in two more sacrament meetings and to give the same talk. HMMMM I hope they start paying their tithing like I asked.
Today I spoke in Fonte Alexio branch but couldn’t give my talk because the person speaking before me basically repeated my evening talk. Plus it was Easter Sunday and we had no talk on the Savior. So I adjusted my talk a lot and made it an Ester Sunday talk, it went well, at least no one is throwing stones at me, at this moment.
We continue to be amazed at the people, the church and how the gospel changes lives. We are so grateful for Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. It is beyond comprehension and the scope of the Plan of Salvation in our lives, bring us to wonder and give thanks to a merciful Father. It has been a great privilege to share our testimonies this week of the divinity of the Lord and of his wondrous sacrifice. We pray that you all will take the time to contemplate the wondrous gift we have been giving; of His mercy and grace that is offered to us.
Love to all
E/S Waller, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa
No comments:
Post a Comment