Sunday, July 12, 2015

Family History weeks 38 & 39

Hi everyone;

Well as you can tell I am getting slack in writing every week.  things just keep happening that I have already blogged about.  We continue to be busy at the Library and are in constant need of more help.  I have been extremely busy with the scheduling and Zone Leader Assistant duties for the two weeks.

This last couple weeks have been filled with unfortunate happenings.  We were all saddened at the death of President Packer.  What a great man and he will sorely be missed in the church.  We also had a shock last week, when Sister Calaway passed away unexpectantly.  She was post op for her ankle fracture and had been doing well.  They replaced her soft cast with a hard cast and evidently she suffered an Emboli. Elder Calaway had been  at the Library that evening and went home early to give his wife a present, when he tried to wake her for her evening medications, she had passed away.  We are all saddened for his loss.

This week I celebrated another birthday, they come so fast anymore. Sharon and I got to go golfing with Erika and Aaron the other evening, we managed to missed the evening thunderstorms and had a great time.

A few weeks ago Sister Disque gave a spiritual thought in our afternoon devotional. She recalled a time when she was at a stop on her family line, a real road block.  She had been working years on the line but going nowhere.  So she finally decided to take the matter to the Temple. While sitting in the Celestial room she called them out by name and then bore her testimony to them of the truthfulness of the Gospel and the need for their assistance in doing the work.  She asked them to get busy and help her.  She then reported that over the next few days she found 34 names on this dead end line. So her relatives came through with some needed help.

So last week I decided to try and ask for some help on the Eliza Wilkinson line.  this has been a dead end for over 50 years.  Gran had done great research but always believed Eliza's last name was Smith and that she was married to Samuel Pruitt.  Well Alisha found out that her maiden name was really Wilkinson and she found a marriage record but no family for Eliza.  So Sharon and I went tot he Temple and did as Sister Disque. We bore our testimony of the need for this work and the need for some help.  I spent a few days researching  the Marengo county records and found a book that showed all the farmers plots in the county.  There they were, the Pruitt's and the Wilkinson's all with in 3 miles of each other.  I have narrowed it down to either the George Wilkinson family or the Nathaniel Wilkinson family. I need to go and search the probate records for wills now. This work is so important!

Also in this last 2 weeks our faithful car started having problems.  The transmission started to make noise and the repair man said I would throwing money into a big hole to repair a 17 year old car.  It has been an expense the last few years keeping it up and running right,  So we made the decision to look for another car. We finally settled on a new Honda Accord.  We have had one before and you just can't go wrong with a an Accord.

We got to take it on a little ride down to the Manti Temple last week and at one point had the mileage up to 40 MPG, but the average was around 36 MPG.  So we now have a car payment, yuk!

Well that is about all the news from here.  We are moving forward to our release date and have starting filling out papers on the apartment for closing our rental agreement.  The last day of work is the 20th of September, and it will come fast.

Love to all

Chuck & Sharon, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa E/S Waller




No comments: