It has been the usual busy week here in Salt Lake City. We actual got one day of rain, which we have all been praying for. We had many visitors from around the world this week, following General Conference and the Library was kept quite busy. I had one gentleman ask if he could donate to the Library as he was not a member of the Church. When I told him everything was free except print he said " Yes I know but this must cost a fortune to run". There are some really great people in the world.
Because of the shortage of missionaries at the Library they have discontinued the Men's Choir and Sister's choir; we now have just the one choir " The Elijah Choir". This makes most of me sad, as I really enjoyed singing with the Men's Choir.
Last night we had our Hosting Zone Spring Social. We had a great attendance and President Klopfer spoke after a great dinner. Elder Hinckley had asked me to put together a special musical number for the program. So I got together all the young Elders and we sang " Brightly Beams Our Fathers Mercy". I started off and singing alone and then gradually the Elders came and joined in; as if entering a safe harbor. It came off well!
President Klopfer gave a great talk about his families experience in East Germany and their escape; I have included Part 1 of a 3 part story,it is a very inspiring story.
Spring still is in full bloom around temple Square and we enjoy the walks daily walks.
Sister Missionaries on Temple Square. It is always fun to stop and talk a few minutes and find out about them and their mission.
Love the flowers
Well everyone have a great week, Love to All!
E/S Waller, Chuck & Sharon, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa



1 comment:
It's amazing what the Lord can do for us when we sincerely desire to serve and honor him. Bro. Klopfer's courage and commitment to the Lord are inspiring. Thanks for sharing that story!
Post a Comment