Happy are they, whose hands and feet are busy. Well that might be true or maybe not, but we have been busy with our hands and feet this week. Sharon with her hands making and finishing her bonnets. Me working on training programs for the YW and talks. Our feet busy walking to appointments and teaching dancing to the youth; so we should be happy and we are, but also tired.
All join hands and circle the ring. Allamander left, they learn quick. Members: Arnaldo, Danesia, Machu, Paula, Tony, Samira, Neia & Dani
We have had a full week and then a very busy weekend. This was Seminary and Institute graduation weekend. We had a good turnout at the meeting and enjoyed passing out certificates. I think we had about 30 in each category. It is great to see their faithfulness in attending and participating in these programs. Indeed the future of the Church in Cape Verde is being well developed through seminary.
We had Elder & Sister Lopes from Praia this weekend to help with the graduations. They work as the CES couple in the islands helping President Neves. We enjoyed their company. Speaking of President Neves; he and Mafalda should be at the MTC for mission president seminar. They are due to arrive back here in Cape Verde next weekend to take over the reins of the mission. President and Sister Tolman are winding down the Mission call and will be leaving next Monday.
For some reason, we are still trying to find out why, during the middle of the night groups of people are walking the street playing drums and chanting. When I say middle of the night I mean 2-3 am. They are loud and walk all over the city. We have been told it is some Catholic traditions but no specifics as to why and what for. All I know is it brought to mind the scene in “Monte Pythons Holy Grail”, bring out the dead, bring out the dead!! At that time of the morning, that is how I feel sometimes. Although I can’t understand a word of the chant, in fact it sounds more like mourning or waling. They also blow whistles.
We held FHE with Zito and Nana’s family this past week. They have 4 daughters and one son; Zita, Zisa, Zenita, Zileina and Zenildo. My head is swimming with all the zzzzzzz’s. I suppose if you try to say them really fast you might fall a sleep.
Sister Duarte and Skinn providing service hours; rounding up the pigs and doing laundry!
Well that is about it for this week. Love to all. Tchau
E/S Waller, Mom & Dad, Bama & Bampa
No comments:
Post a Comment